Saturday 26 September 2015

What is it with me and Read Through meetings?

We had our read through (where the design team shares their vision for the show and the cast read through the script and listen to the show music) for Tommy today. As with the read through for Drood; I was really excited before I got there, and then terrified once I was there. I really felt strange, not being on the production team side. The cast side involves a lot of socializing, and we all know how great I am at that! Why is it that when I feel like I'm losing my mind, everyone else looks so calm and confident? 

Well, at least I didn't cry all the way home after this one. 

But yes, THE ANXIETY was set at 11, with the knob broken clean off the meter. I want to do everything right. I want to be an asset to the show. The ideas the team has are so good, I'd hate myself (more) if I suck at delivering them. I am scared, man. Scared out of my wits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment