Thursday 4 February 2016

Post Show Blues Are Real

And they suck, my friends. This show has been on my mind for so long, and now, it's just over. I was exhausted. I was emotionally wrung out. I left so much of myself on that stage every night.

And now, it's just...over.

I thought I'd feel a bit sad for a few days and be done; but this emptiness has been dragging on. Today, I had to force myself to leave the house to go for coffee with my Mom. Thank God I did. I fell much better this evening. But what did we talk about? Quite a bit about Tommy, let me tell you. Ma was very surprised by how easily I expressed anger on stage. That's what happens when you never express it in real life!

Dammit, I can't wait to see what shows FRC are doing next season. My drug of choice has been selected, there's no doubt about that. I wanna get out there again, aching knees and feet be damned! Petrifying stage fright, you didn't scare me enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment