Sunday 28 February 2016

She Kills Monsters!

Yesterday, I went to the very first show I've ever attended that I did not volunteer for: Simply Theatre's "She Kills Monsters". Now, the show was great, and if you want to read a great review of it, Vicki wrote an awesome one for On Stage blog. Me, I'm going to tell you about overcoming my monsters.

See, I HATE going to a place I've never been before. And I REALLY HATE driving to a place I've never been to. AND I am afraid to drive at night. 

BUT, I'm all about living life now, aren't I? Damn right I am. So I got in the damn car, only got a little lost, and made it to see my friends and all their hard work. You know what? I know some really talented people! The work everyone put into this show; the touching, raw, hilarious acting blew my mind. I laughed so hard, I had to muffle my voice so I didn't drown out the dialogue. I got all choked up; and, if I hadn't worked hard on my makeup, I would have cried (there's no way I was smearing that paint job...). AND THE DRAGONS!!! Kristine even made their eyes light up! And the sword fighting! And the fact that Steven Morton took on a character so different from himself, and was so great, I did even recognize him at first! And the soundtrack was the music of my twenties! AND THERE WAS A DANCE BATTLE! Anyway, if you haven't gone to see it, get there! It's a story of loss, love, regret, and understanding. Just go.

Special thanks to Darren, FRC's prez, who kept me company before the show. I like to sit in the front row (because my vision sucks), and Buddy took one for the team and hung out.

Anyway, overcome (or at least BATTLE!) one of your monsters, my friends. You won't regret it. And if you need help, I'd be happy to borrow a sword and come in swinging!

No comments:

Post a Comment